Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

30 Day shred and wheat intolerance

I started the 30 day shred a few days ago. And thanks to my wheat intolerance I had to skip yesterdays workout due to migraine headaches. I would have been mad if I had the brain to do so. But it was totally out of order yesterday. I barley functioned. Thankfully I'm on my vacation, so I didn't have to worry about work.

The 30 day shred is really kicking my butt. I curse Jillian every time she's on  my TV screen. I have a bad sailor mouth by the way. But I am very happy with some of the results I've seen so far. And that after only 3 "days". My jeans that were a little tight in the calf is getting loose. And so are the thighs. And although my scale is telling me I've gained weight, I choose to ignore it and use my clothes and measuring tape to determine if I lost or not.

As to my wheat intolerance, it has gotten a whole lot worse. After I've cut so much wheat out of my daily eating, I get the worst Migraine headaches. I'm not sure how much wheat is needed to trigger one of those. I'm not willing to find out either. I do know that my beloved cookies are out of the house. If I want cookies I have to make them myself. So now I'm looking onto cookie dough that is freezer friendly.
I think sugar cookies are a good start.
For now I made a coconut cake where you use a cup to measure out the ingredients, and some chocolate chip spelt flour cookies for when the craving hits me. I needed to make the cake cause we're invited to coffee and cake at my hubby's uncles and they buy their cake. So there is wheat in it. And I don't want to sit there and watch the others eat cake, that's really hard for me to do. Reminds me of some things in my childhood. (Don't want to go there) And they know that I have some wheat intolerance, they just don't know how bad it has gotten. So they won't mind if I bring some cake with me. I'll even bring enough for everyone to try if they want to.

Here is the recipe for the coconut "cup" cake

To measure the ingredients you need two small coffee cups.
Ingredients:
2 cups of Buttermilk
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups of spelt flour (or normal flour if you want)
1 packet of backing powder
2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup sugar
2 cups sweet whipping cream unwipped

Combine the Buttermilk, eggs, sugar, Flour and Baking powder to a nice cake dough, put it in a slightly greased baking sheet. Stir the coconut and sugar together and sprinkle evenly onto the cake dough.
Bake for 20 minutes at 175 Degrees Celsius, afterwards pour the cream evenly on top of the cake and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes.
Let cool completely and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment